Graduation – A Time of Thanks

“I can no other answer make but thanks, and thanks; and ever thanks.”

-William Shakespeare

Thank YouAs graduation creeps up quickly there is much to reflect upon as I look back on the treasurable time spent here at the University of Connecticut. The sparks of excitement in finding a newer path of life sometimes are engulfed by the fear of leaving behind UConn’s magnificent walls. I have been shaped and guided by many friends, family members, and professors in this important time of my life. To each that have prepared me for my future, I would like to say thank you.

Thank you to my loving parents and family who have supported me from the beginning.  Thank you for helping me financially, to peruse my career and never doubting what I can do. I am grateful for being loved so deeply and given every opportunity I can reach. From them I have learned to love myself and have confidence in myself that I can make a difference in this world. I am thankful for the friends that have stuck by me through the years of school and always have been there for advice and a helping hand. And to the many new friends I have made here at UConn, I thank you tremendously. We have stuck together through an array of courses and have accomplished so much together. I thank all of you for making the transition to UConn so positive and smooth. I also give my thanks to the College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources and the Ambassador program. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to represent the college and meet a variety of prospective students and wonderful faculty. The networking and training provided has shaped me to become a better student and I thank you for giving me the resources to help me succeed and prepare myself for the next step.

College Ambassador networking dinner with faculty

I would like to extend my gratitude to the amazing professors that have had such a significant role in my life. I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for the knowledge you have passed on to me. I want to thank you for the many hours of dedication and time you put into helping me and many other students that you have touched. I thank my advisor Dr. Zinn, and the amazing Animal Science department that he runs. Thank you for the relentless hours of helping me build many schedules, the frantic last minute appointments, and just listening to me contemplate my entire life. Thank you for running such an amazing department and allowing me to become so involved in the main office and at numerous events. I cannot forget to mention our wonderful office crew that runs such a tight ship and have welcomed me as a student worker, giving me many wonderful opportunities and work experiences over the past few years. I thank you for pointing me in the right direction to success and always being there for me to confide in. I am so proud to be able to call myself an animal science alumni, and I feel like such an important part of a large community. I express my thanks to the department for preparing me for my next journey and always making me feel like a part of the family.

It’s amazing how many people have touched and shaped me as a person throughout the years and I am forever grateful. For anyone that has not been mentioned don’t think I have forgotten about you. I am so thankful for the people I have met and the opportunities I have been given over these years at UConn. They have truly been some of the best years of my life, and they will never be forgotten.