CAHNR College Ambassadors promote and serve the college in its sustained history fulfilling the University’s land-grant status, as well as its continuing advancement of human, animal, and environmental health and well-bring through the applied sciences.
With our leadership, we challenge ourselves to develop our professionalism and resiliency through commitment and action and connect our own future to the greater good.
The College Ambassador program is housed in the Associate Dean's Office (Academic Programs), and has a mission founded on three pillars: leadership, recruitment, and service. Students in the program receive hands-on leadership experience through recruitment and other activities in service to the college.
Ambassadors help recruit prospective students to UConn through activities such as:
- High school visits and career fairs
- UConn Storrs Open Houses
- Regional campus Open Houses
- Phone calls to prospective student
- Tours for high school visits
Ambassadors also help recruit current UConn students to the College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources:
- Academic Center for Exploratory Students (ACES) Major Fair
- The Major Experience mentors
Ambassadors serve as the face of the College/University to various audiences, such as:
- Prospective students
- Current students
- Prospective and current families
- The local community
Ambassadors also participate in community service activities to give back to their community. Past events have included:
- Community gardening
- Feeding Children Everywhere packaging
- Special Olympics volunteers
- Decorating the Governor's House for the Holidays